We saw our fair share of ghost, goblins & ghouls this week, but sometimes reality can be scarier than fantasy. These week’s Friday Five features some of the most frightening stories of the week:
- We find Hanna Rosin’s “End of Men” argument quite horrifying—not because we buy it but because we’re afraid that others will! Luckily, Philip Cohen has a strong counterargument!
- Interdisciplinary work is all the rage, right? Yet, those who dare to forge this difficult path may see little payoff. @InsideHigherEd
- The thought of no more wine is spine-chilling for some of us! @TheAtlantic
- Afraid? Not in the least! One feminist talks back to those trying to intimidate her! @Upworthy
- And we end out our list with another list—the five scariest geopolitical events that happened on Halloween. @TheNationalInterest