Even though many Americans seem not to care, the government shutdown did grab some attention this week. This week’s Friday Five highlights some of the most interesting, albeit not the most visible, perspectives regarding what happens when the lights go out in Washington.
- Are you feeling frustrated? So are these people! @Buzzfeed
- Perhaps the US Congress could take a hint from Britney? @YouTube
- Who’s feeling the pain the most? It might be Virginia. @NY Times
- Does being balanced mean reporting all sides or weighing facts? @AlJazeera
- What is compromise when it comes to the Affordable Care Act? @Budding Sociologist
And for those of you tired of hearing about the shutdown, here’s one more story just for fun: @mcsweeneys