Most of us have ideas about how to improve the world, or at least some small part of it. Maybe you are convinced that your manager is approaching a project the wrong way. Perhaps you have ideas about how to make TSA security lines more efficient. Or you might have a plan for addressing gun violence throughout the world. This week’s Friday Five are stories of individuals, institutions and countries that represent change in action.
- Face to face with the effects of global climate change, The Marshall Islands are taking the issue head on @NY Times
- Frustrated by the quality and quantity of research in Romania, these authors take a comical stand
- In the 90s, teachers worked together to start charter schools. What has been the outcome of this initiative? @Contexts
- The liberal group, Democracy Alliance, fights big money with…yep, that’s right, more big money! @Mother Jones
- Millenials get a bad rap for being apathetic when it comes to social and economic issues. But maybe this reputation is unwarranted? @Citings & Sightings
What change are you leading?